Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hot-lanta

I'm already well into my 4 hour in Atlanta.

I was very happy to get my daily "cardio" in, as I was able to walk the entire length of the Atlanta airport, three times, in the underground tunnels.  I did three miles in one hour.  I'm now kind of sweaty and I'm glad that I brought an extra shirt in my backpack.  I think that it will also help me with my jetlag, once I get to CDG.

The airports are full of very young kids, soldiers, leaving for Iraq.  Geez, they're children.  I look at them and while I have very strong anti-war feelings, I can't help but feel a strong sense of compassion for them.  I didn't know that there was going to be a troop surge in Iraq?  I thought we were pulling out of there?

Flight to Paris is leaving on-time.  I have about 1.5 hours left to kill.