Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Paris in the Dark: Why is this airport so Ghettolicious?


A very unremarkable flight from Atlanta to Paris.

The best part was that we crossed the ocean in amazing time and arrived in Paris one hour early.  I enjoyed sitting down and resting for 7.5 hours and my seatmate was very pleasant and basically listened to his Ipod the entire trip.

They fed us way too much and I only slept 30 minutes. But, I'm fine.

So, I'm sitting here at gate 50 in 2F at CDG.  I'm kind of smelly and I really could use some coffee.  It's pitch black here because the sun doesn't rise until like 9 or something like that. There is a flight leaving for Algiers before mine, so the gate is a bit crowded with people.  The muslims are saying their morning prayers. 

Changing planes at this airport is major drama, but I have so much time and it really didn't bother me that I had to take a bus between terminals, go through two security checkpoints and deal with surly French people who brazenly just cut in line.  Security alerts are very high today, because it's rumored that there will be some type of terrorist attack in France, because the Legislature just passed a ban on the use of the burqua in public spaces.

I'm hoping that my plane arrives on time, maybe early (???) so that I can stop by one of the mosques tonight in Istanbul in time for evening prayer.  I think that it's a good thing.